What do we do?
DYR promotes a trend towards social, economic and environmental awareness.
We support, manage and develop initiatives that contribute to and guarantee sustainable development from three pillars:
– Economic: responsible production and consumption.
– Environmental: good practices and respect for natural resources.
– Social: gender equity and inclusion.
We unite and coordinate the effort and talent of people, organizations and companies that wish to join the call to build a better world through projects that promote and guarantee inclusion and socio-environmental sustainability by:
– Promoting economic development with, for and by women, as well as contribute to local entrepreneurship
– Supporting the facilitation of decent employment
– Promoting and managing fair trade
– Reporting on responsible consumption and production behaviour practices
– Developing strategic alliances in favour of sustainable and regenerative development
– Advocating for sustainable fashion
Society and economy
How we do it?
We design, implement and manage 5 strategic programs:
1. Onboard: Inclusive economy, promotion of Economic Development, Local Entrepreneurship and Decent Work
2. Voice: promotes conscious fashion, fair, responsible and sustainable trade, and the empowerment of women.
3. Sustainable Network: adhering to objective 17 of the United Nations Agenda 20-30
4. Design for Inclusion: we promote fashion where all people feel represented.
5. Design for the Environment: encourage the use of recycled materials, renewal of existing resources and promotion and visibility of raw materials created under carbon-neutral processes.
What makes us different?
• We are the first foundation in Costa Rica focused on conceptualizing the fashion industry as a transformation tool, to generate new paradigms of regenerative lifestyles: in harmony with the environment, responsible social behaviors and the promotion of an inclusive economy, that honors human rights.
• We work in line with the 2030 agenda of the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals.
• Our impact model is applicable both locally, regionally and globally.
Who do we work with?
– Producers in the fashion industry
– Social Organizations
– Organized Groups
Consumers in general men, women, adolescents and children.
DYR prioritizes populations of women and their families who are socially disadvantaged, migrant people, poor households and people with disabilities.
What do we offer?
1. Awareness campaigns
2. Trainings and education
3. Events that promote responsible awareness-raising practices
4. Advice on issues of sustainability, productivity, entrepreneurship and well-being